Thursday, January 15, 2015

Practice Blog

1) Myself and my family
2) My interests
3) Why teaching
4) Educator's job
5) Passions- learning and teaching

Hey everyone,
My name is Sarah Sanders. I have lived in many places. While I was born in Columbus, Ohio, I moved to and grew up in Birmingham, Alabama. However, I moved back to Ohio during Christmas break of junior year in high school. I found my way back to the south for college here at South. My 3rd semester at South I took an internship in San Diego, California which allowed me to travel across the U.S. for a semester. Since that I have stayed in Mobile and intend to stay since I was married in May.
My family in Mobile consists of my husband and I and his family. I have 6 sisters and 1 brother that live in Alabama, Ohio, and Texas. Only one sister is younger than me and the rest are my older siblings. 6 of my siblings have children so I am an aunt of many! I have a dog named Max who is paralyzed. He doesn't let that get him down! He is very active and loves playing at the dog park.

If a kid has fun doing an activity, I probably do too! I love games, chalk, roller skating, and coloring! I have a great passion for teaching and helping others learn and grow. That is the main reason I am pursuing a teaching career.

An educator in 2015 has many responsibilities. Teaching is not just about standing in front of kids and making them learn something. It is about helping children grow and want to learn. Teachers must teach to children's interests. They also have to deal with parents, other educators, and create all the lesson plans. It is almost impossible to state all the work of an educator.

It might sound cheesy but I love to learn and teach more than anything. I am always reading new articles, learning more, watching documentaries, and trying to share my new found knowledge with those around me! I am often asked "why do you know all of this?". I want to know more and get better at  sharing knowledge with others in a way that is interesting to them and in a way they understand!


No comments:

Post a Comment